Let Beez Kneez Creative help you create:
- Identification of clear goals and learning objectives to frame conservation education curriculum components
- Outcome-based lesson planning that puts education theories into practice
- Action research to examine approaches to teaching that increase conservation education impacts
Curriculum design & development impacts
Columbus Zoo & Aquarium and the Wilds: A completely revised spiral curriculum package built around a pedagogical framework customized for their education programs.
Ocean Discovery Institute: Comprehensive high school curriculum designed to teach scientific research skills, including detailed lesson plans, PowerPoint slides, and field trip extensions for underserved students.
Henry Vilas Zoo: Field trip activity guides designed around empathy best practices for three separate grade bands, and a four-part volunteer training program to educate docents on how they can incorporate empathy best practices into their interpretive techniques.
The Walt Disney Company: Curriculum and background writing incorporated into education materials developed by Disney’s Animals, Science and Environment to support popular studio films such as Pete’s Dragon and Moana.
- The Pete’s Dragon Activity Packet focuses on the importance of imaginative play and offers ideas for families to engage with nature together.
- The Moana Educator’s Guide covers interdisciplinary topics thematically represented in the film such as the history of storytelling, the physics of waves, methods of wayfinding, and the natural history and conservation of sea turtles.
- The Dolphin Reef Educator’s Guide shares facts about dolphins and other marine animals, threats to the coral reef ecosystem, and suggestions for conservation action.
Khaled bin Sultan Living Oceans Foundation: Customized curriculum package on Coral Reef Threats. The high school level lesson plans were designed as part of the free online Education Portal available to educators.
Back to Making an Impact